zaterdag 30 januari 2016

Mixed media heart

 
I created a mixed media heart based on the color palette from the
January Prima Product Picks from Prima Marketing.
Look at those gorgeous shades of lilac and purple....
I would like to enter my project for this challenge.
 
 
Prima Products used:
Finnabair heavy gesso black
Finnabair texture paste white crackle
Finnabair 3D gloss gel
Finnabair soft gloss gel
Finnabair mica powder purple
Finnabair mica powder rust
Finnabair mica powder gold opal magic
Finnabair micro beads black
Relics&artifacts archival cast (rising spirit III)
Prima Debutante flowers #580674
 
 
 
The heart is from MDF wood, and I used Finnabair texture paste white crackle on the background. Second step, I layered all the embellishments and glued them down with 3D gloss gel.
Let it dry, and paint everything with black gesso.
After drying I mixed the mica powders with soft gloss gel, and dry-brushed it on my project.
Finishing with some swarovski crystals and my project was ready!

 

 
Scrap unlimited embellishments:
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
Love, Sanderijn

14 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, so very gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jenny x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Amazing! I love everything about this piece! Such incredible color and shimmer!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Gorgeous! How did you get the beads to sit so pretty? When I add mine I mix them with the gel but it's lumpy and I don't like that. Yours look so perfect! Would love to hear from you. Great piece!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Eulanda! I first apply some soft gloss gel with a small brush on my project and I poor some beads from the jar onto my project. I use a tray or lid from a shoebox behind it, so I can poor the beads that fall of into my jar again.

      Verwijderen
  4. Sanderijn, I think I am going to have to come and visit you so I can watch you work because I am always so blown away with your creativity!! What I wouldn't give to be able to watch you work!! This is so beautiful, love the metallic shimmers! Love it all! hugs :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. And you're always welcome at my home... I should learn how to do video's maybe... Hugs!

      Verwijderen
  5. Nou ik sluit mij helemaal aan bij Pamellia Johnson . Ik zou zo graag dat willen wat jij maak. En bij jou aan tafel te zitten en alleen maar kijken.
    Dit hart is werkelijk weer super.
    Hele fijne dag

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dankjewel Thamar, wat lief! Maar jij woont in Nederland, je bent welkom hoor! Liefs!

      Verwijderen
  6. Hi Sanderijn. The leaf die I used on my Valentine's card is from Crafty Anne - now owned by Cheery Lynn Designs. Thanks for your sweet comment, see you soon. hugs :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Loved this when I saw it on Prima and so glad you a feature for it, it is so majestic!! Love the colours, and all that mixed media goodness hun! xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen