woensdag 24 augustus 2016

Altered birdcage

 
 
When we were on vacation I found this little birdcage in a flower shop, and I loved it. Once we were home I got some ideas to alter it. I was inspired by the moodboard from Dusty Attic Challenge August to work with these gorgeous colors. I love the earthy green and rusty effect. I would like to enter my project for this challenge.
 
 
The birdcage was turquoise when I bought it. I used so many paints, sprays, glitter and more paint to give it this aged look. I used Ornate pendants #3 and Hashtag Sayings chipboard pieces from Dusty Attic. I used the pendant to create the hanging part for the praying angel from Relics&Artifacts Archival (Milagros). I've made this project also for the challenge from the Relics&Artifacts Tribe on Facebook.
 
 
Many metal elements are from Scrap unlimited
I used some to tear apart and alter the little bird on top. Below are some close up pictures.


 
My all time favorite part: using Swarovski crystals and lots of ultra fine glitter and some holographic glitter dots. I used some painted leaves from the branch to create wings for the angel.


 
Thank you for watching!
 
Love, Sanderijn

14 opmerkingen:

  1. This is unbelievably beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at Dusty Attic!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. WAUW!!! ik blijf kijken. Ontzettend gaaf gemaakt

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh wauw, wat mooi! Echt geweldig mooi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow - I always enjoy your gorgeous art! This altered bird cage is totally beautiful and awesome. My fav piece is the adorable little bird - so dressed up and sweet! Fingers crossed for you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. How can one not love this gorgeous project!!! An awesome take on the Dusty challenge...Thank you for playing along again with us this month...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Sensational as usual Sanderijn! Love it! Thanks for playing along a The Dusty Attic.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen